vintagegltrgrl "must reads"

Friday, August 15, 2014

Running Dress Run Amuck

A running dress.... That is EXACTLY what I need.  In a running dress I will look svelte and lean like a strong gazelle as I speed through the woods of Fort Bragg.  I will run swiftly past man, animal, or child without even a jostle of the wind in a running dress! I will leap streams or rocks....or fallen logs...OR FALLEN TREES! 🔪but not snakes those I will go around.... I looked for said dress, I looked like a mere mortal online, where everyone looks. The dresses were DREADFUL, awful things no prideful gazelle would be caught dead running in. Don't get all PETA on me, I am certainly not planning to snare, then dress a gazelle in a test running dress...so hush it.  Now I would grill a gazelle if that is a legal act but I actually am not totally up to speed on the legal implications of hunting such said animal NOR have I ever been hunting in my life.....but all this ultra training has made me pretty much crave a good rare steak. Now my blogger guru (is that what you would call someone that is spectacular @ what they do??? She is the YODA of ultra blogging I am just saying...funny, smart, runs like a bazillion,chizillion miles) thought maybe a pattern would help. Of course it would! Anyone in their right mind would use a pattern. So after I got done laughing about using a pattern (I am an artist lol so I believe that legally excuses me from using a pattern, and yes I am aware I have never SOLD anything, but then I also still have both of my ears so my level of dedication is in question) 
This is what I have so far:
1-An awesome name for my new running dress company when the IPO goes out "Gritty Girl" a division of vintagegltrgirl we may also expand to offer "Gritty Guy" run skorts in the future
2-I ate 2 Krispy creame donuts 
3- I have a crooked half-finished run dress that is unwearable
4- I decided that since Friday is technically a rest day I should not be sewing.....

3 comments:

  1. First, step away from the fancy pants!!! I still want to do a race with our matching fancy pants! Second, patterns do not predict success! My stuff is more jacked up with patterns... Third, maybe we should try making a muslin template?? Better figure this thing out quick cause if you debut the new running dress in December it will be less graceful gazelle and more shivering chihuahua.
    Ps- is our certain male running buddy getting the first skort???? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure she can make it a manly skort... More like a kilt so everyone can see your chiseled calves from running AA trail :)

    ReplyDelete